The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 420A Timing tensioner bolt broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myjr

Probationary Member
Dec 30, 2022
Largo, Florida
I have a 2g 1997 Eclipse 420A naturally aspirated 1966 cc NON-Turbo and after rebuilding the motor my mechanic put Eagle Claw rods and JE pistons in to strengthen the bottom end of the motor, we didn't do anything to the top except have the head cut and i think new valves and springs.

For some reason during the 500 mile breakin period the tensioner bolt just broke. I was hoping someone could sell me just the bolt?

Can someone also direct me to a place to get some decent camshafts and springs for more power from the start? Also a Timing gear cover that is made of steel or a better solution than the original?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Post a WTB in the classifieds.

Yea, like I said in your last thread, those bolts don't just break naturally. Something outside of the bolt itself went wrong.

Also a Timing gear cover that is made of steel? or a better solution than the original?
You definitely won't be finding a steel timing cover. Even the clear timing covers were discontinued 2 decades ago, but those are more for visuals than an actual upgrade.

can someone also direct me to a place to get some decent camshafts and springs for more power from the start
Brian Crower springs are readily available. The cams need to be special ordered now, unless you want stage 1 turbo grind (which aren't worth using). See post #2 in this thread:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back