The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

throttle problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse718

Probationary Member
Jan 18, 2011
bronx, New_York
i have a 95 eclipse gs and i recently had a engine swap and now when i pin the pedal to the floor it doesnt take off. the car actually takes forever to build up speed and i get down a block hardly reaching 4000 rpm's. could this be a CPU problem or a transmission problem?..i dont think the mechanic put in the CPU for the new motor so could it be the sensors are all out of whack?

LOL, na. im talking about the actual throttle cable that opens the throttle when u press the pedal. look on the intake manifold, the throttle body to be more exact, towards the firewall i think whoever did your swap might have not put your throttle cable on right. maybe
what swap do u have in now?

Its the same engine just with alot less miles.i had it swapped because i think something was oversized i cant remember what it was.but heres the weird part wen its in park and i rev the engine the rpns shoot up fine and the car sounds so powerful but once its in park its slower then a snail

In drive not park its slow*

try this

first take your intake off then you will be able to see if the throttle opens all the way when you manually pull on it. if thats working fine, try to see if it looks clean or has build up or corrosion, further more have some one push on the gas(car off) and watch the throttle operate, if it opens enough as it did by hand then I'm pretty sure its not you throttle at least not the mechanical part of it, have you checked your spark plugs? my car was ruining like pure s**t when my spark plug cables were bad, i changed all those got new plugs which i had to gap and then it was all good

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back