The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Throttle delay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam's GSX

5+ Year Contributor
411
56
Jun 10, 2018
Knoxville, Tennessee
Good Morning, I explain the situation a bit and attach a log as well.
I haven't had the car for a while now, over a year. I had a builder do a completely new build of the block and just got it back from him.
I was also moving out of state and had a 4 hour drive, about 2 hours in, I got hit by an extreme storm and could barely see anything, a few minutes after the storm started, I noticed a lot of issue pop up, no power steering, voltage was dropping, and the temps were maxed, it took me about 5 minutes to get to a stop because I was on the highway and couldnt even see well enough to merge. what had happened was the alternator belt had gone missing, so no charge, no water pump, and no power steering.
I had the car towed home, replaced all the accessory belts, water pump, and did all the fluids.
I was concerned about a blown HG, but everything looks good, oil was not mixed with coolant, no leaks of any kind, no smoke out the tail pipe, and temps look great after running it for a long time, only getting up to 186.

the issue, is there is a weird delay when I hit the throttle. the car now has an omni 4 bar and I believe is running speed density, but that was done by the builder and is a bit new to me.

If anyone has run into something similar or can see something out of place in the log, please let me know.

Thank you so much.

The second log is a much longer log from yesterday.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 4G63 3 inch Magnaflow SS high flow cat. CA approved.
    3 inch Magnaflow stainless cat. High flow. 18.25 inches. Flange holes are 4 1/8 center. Has...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 4G63 Race parts.
    Brand new seal in box Kigglys HLA 175$Kigglys 12 tooth billet crankshaft triggel setup 250$...
    • GST2012GSX
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 MHI 20G Turbo
    MHI 20G Turbo $500 + shipping & paypal fees* setup for external waste gate * just serviced by...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2G Manual Shifter Cables
    2G Manual Shifter Cables $90 + shipping & paypal feesYou must be registered to see element.You...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2G Driver Side Drip Molding ( no peel or chrome showing )
    2G Driver Side Drip Molding $95 + shipping & paypal fees* no peel or chrome showingYou must...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top