The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

The Purple Monster

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Same exact stuff Dogbox racing was doing. I have never stripped a gear or broke teeth or anything even at full weight. 600ftlbs torque and the gears hold fine. No stress cracks or wear shown.

How much did that Liberty setup go for?

Sorry I missed your question.

Depends on what you get done. I had good gears/shafts it only cost me about $900 for their work.

I STILL had to build it. New bearings, bushings, seals, shims should all be done as well.

Well now we wait!

935409_10151697726516522_703596301_n.jpg

942195_10151697395401522_1875427745_n.jpg

260363_10151697394526522_1874783132_n.jpg

How does your car run on the half size radiator any over heating problems? I know its a not a dd. I was thinking of going with one of those too I want a forward facing manifold.

gotta pay to play it's all apart of racing.

My car has made over 750 to the wheels. Nothing is cheap at this point. For me, Its about making it last. I'm concerned about spending good money on something, that you already know is going to fail. Also he has had a dogbox, and it didnt work out. He put a "stage 4 shep trans in the car, and ran its best times with a sycro trans. Im curious why he went this route?

Same exact stuff Dogbox racing was doing. I have never stripped a gear or broke teeth or anything even at full weight. 600ftlbs torque and the gears hold fine. No stress cracks or wear shown.

How much does your car weight. There seams to be alot taken out. My car is mostly full weight, untill recently.our

My car has made over 750 to the wheels. Nothing is cheap at this point. For me, Its about making it last. I'm concerned about spending good money on something, that you already know is going to fail. Also he has had a dogbox, and it didnt work out. He put a "stage 4 shep trans in the car, and ran its best times with a sycro trans. Im curious why he went this route?

How much does your car weight. There seams to be alot taken out. My car is mostly full weight, untill recently.our

Last time I weighed it the thing was 2500 with me in it.

UPDATE!

It's alive!!

[ame=http://youtu.be/tKnKYxLlVH4]BOOSTED INC: The Purple Monster 2013 First Start up! - YouTube[/ame]

I recieved mine last week Chris. The best advice I can give you is to contact them as much as possible, because they will NOT contact you in my experience. Took me 14.5 weeks for mine for finally arrive. I know how you are feeling..

The car looks amazing and I am looking forward to seeing the purple monster back in action. It's been a long time coming! I am looking forward to seeing this at the shootout.

Wigger is still waiting on his from Devo. Sent it around the same time I did but I think their delay is receiving the shafts back.

My delay is waiting on the shop to put in some work on customer stuff. Would be nice to attend some races this year and actually take my car.

The crappy communication really irritates me as well along with the reasoning there is such a long delay.

Wigger is still waiting on his from Devo. Sent it around the same time I did but I think their delay is receiving the shafts back.

My delay is waiting on the shop to put in some work on customer stuff. Would be nice to attend some races this year and actually take my car.

The crappy communication really irritates me as well along with the reasoning there is such a long delay.
I know that feeling all to well. We should get a parts list together so some people can do it themself

Dave Ruby was having issues with those guys as well with taking forever with his transfer case. Guess I won't be ordering one from them anytime soon as well.

I know that feeling all to well. We should get a parts list together so some people can do it themself

I'm waiting to be charged for the bearings that are out of stock nationally. LOL

I have a list and priced them, along with seals. If you talk to liberty they will tell you their prices up front. About $400. That is maching the 300m shaft and tail housing.

Count in 4 bearings, 2 seals it comes roughly to $600ish for an upgraded Tcase.

Now.. you would need a special tool to remove the large ass nut. Good thing I had 2 of them made :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back