The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

The future of music

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlkSmk

Proven Member
Mar 10, 2013
Saskatoon, SK_Canada
So as a long haul trucker.. I listen to alot of music and got to wondering..

Sirius radio in my opinion is basicly obsolete... you got YouTube music spotify and other sources.. just curious what others think and looking for ideas to expand on newer sources of music.

I've never really listened to satellite radio. I think Spotify, Amazon Music and others have been widely embraced, so it seems like satellite radio is going to be hurting for sure. Is that why you think it's obsolete, because of the competition?

While I agree that Sirius isnt really worth the cost, I don't think that it can be completely counted out due to streaming services, simply because there are still places that you can't get streaming capabilities from lack of service.

SiriusXM has a few advantages as well, namely the new-up-and-coming artists that you wouldn't hear for 6 months, wider service coverage area and consistent music bit-rate quality.

If SiriusXM was half the cost, it'd be more worth it.

Otherwise I'd recommend Amazon music to download for pennies on the dollar and have access to your music whenever you want. I do alot SiriusXM installs for truckers and fleet vehicles, a fair amount for private citizens and it's pretty hard to beat the programming that Sirius offers in the service area provided.

I have a SiriusXM all access subscription, I also have a Spotify premium subscription, and subscribe to Amazon Prime (still have yet to actually USE their music service though...)

I use SXM and Spotify on a regular basis, but to be honest I actually prefer SiriusXM. Some stations can be repetitive, but having access to damn near any sporting event from NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB to off-beat channels like Faction playing early 90's punk rock.. in my opinion it's worth the $20 a month I pay just for ease of use and accessibility. The news and talk shows don't hurt either.

Spotify is great for listening straight through a new album or queuing up a personal playlist, but 9 times out of 10 I'd rather just swap to a station on SXM that fits whatever mood I'm in and let the tunes flow.

Is that why you think it's obsolete, because of the competition?

Basicly. Yes it's the same song everyday all the time. So I figure that with other apps services and most modern cars offer wifi built in.. Sirius is like dialup internet

Despite the fact that I have a "fancy" double din with all options (IHeart,Sirius,Pandora,Spotify), I still carry around my 10 CD-RW's that hold 125-150 mp3's of hand picked tunes and swap out, it's over 1200 + songs and I find that this does me just fine during the 6 months I drive the car (May-Oct)..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back