The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planckscale

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 16, 2007
Tanzania, Africa
Hello Brothers and Sisters.
I am offered a great deal on Tein Flex Z Coilovers; brand new at half the price.
My question is, are the new model good as the old ones of 10 years ago?
I currently have a set which I bought 12 years ago, so I am looking for a replacement.

Thanks

The old Flex & the new Flex Z are the same thing. My experience with Tein is they a cheap quality performance wise & over priced. Price have come down over the years & they are not as expensive as they were. Tein repair serivce is expensive for rebuilds to being almost not worth & to the point of just scrapping them & buying new.

Last edited:
Teins used to be top and now they are rather basic apart from their top level items which cost alot more

The old Flex & the new Flex Z are the same thing. My experience with Tein is they a cheap quality performance wise & over priced. Price have come down over the years & they are not as expensive as they were. Tein repair serivce is expensive for rebuilds to being almost not worth & to the point of just scrapping them & buying new.

Agreed. I have tien coils and I dont like them at all. I have hks coils on my evo and it's such a better ride quality

Thanks guys for the replies.
Now I am confused with your opinions, cause I bought those controllers a while ago, but I have not installed them yet.
One front is now busted...don't know what to do :(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back