The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Td06H 20g w/8cm housing or HKS 272 cams... Help me decide!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007jimmy

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2012
Levittown, Pennsylvania
First off, Mods if this is in the wrong forum can you please move it to the correct one. Ok well today I have came across a local that was parting out his unfinshed build of a 92 GSX. He was telling me he had a bunch of new in the box parts that he was willing to sell. He first pulls out a new 20g turbo/Td06h turbine with a polished compressor housing and a ported 8cm DSM bolt on housing. He had a bunch of misc. stuff for a 6bolt which I couldn't use as I have a 7 bolt. The last box he pulled out was a set of new genuine HKS 272 cams. Now we are talking. But the problem here is that I can only afford one of these (turbo or cams). So what I want to know is, what are some of your guys opinions on which one I should get for my car. I am well aware of what I need to make either one of these to work. The prices are about the same. Thanks!

I have link and currently running a 14b. Rest of mods are in my profile. 1000cc injectors are in the works and just need a flange for my EWG setup.

Yup, 20g. I tuned a car that had a 20g in it and it was breaking traction at 45mph before the turbo was out of air to flow. Have fun.

Also, you can get regrinds from Delta cam or some of the vendors on here (forget which) for much less than the cost of new HKS cams. So you can probably do both if you give up coffee, soda, beer, and/or pizza for a month. If you indulge in those anyway. Seems like both would let you do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuOWK8uSR20

it's easier with the front tires : D

Well I am after top end flow. I am FWD/auto. I started a thread about a Td06h wheel in a 7cm housing not that long ago and got some answers that surprised me. It was suggested that I run a ported 6cm housing. Now I found this turbo for sale I was intrieged. I know the 06 wheel is better up top and the 272 are geared for the upper rpm flow. But I dont know much about the 8cm housing. I do however know the flow of the wheels. To be all honest though its the price of the cams thats making them even a choice here. Sometimes a sweet deal is hard to pass up...

Well I ended up getting the 20g. I cant wait to run this thing and feel the umph on the top end. I hope the td06h wheel isnt too laggy in the 8cm hotside on my auto. Should be a monster on the highway!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back