The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved TB identification help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90'AWDTalonFroggy

Supporting Member
Feb 1, 2014
Curryville, Missouri
So I was doing a BLT and found a massive boost leak, it Sounded like it was coming from the port facing the IM. Im only familiar with the 90 TB and this one is well as you can see been painted. So I know its been pulled off. So I need to plug the port, not sure how yet, as well as i want to get a new gasket but need to make sure I get the correct one. Any help is appreciated thank you.

Seth
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I was thinking jb weld for it, was just worried that it would blow the jb weld back out over time.
If you are worried about the durability, then weld it or tap. Or maybe look for a JDM throttle body.

You can pick up a small tap kit and grub/set screws to match at any home depot, lowes or ace hardware for about $15-20. I have a set I use to make oil feed line restrictors and plug small ports, believe the tap set was Stanley brand.

I was thinking about tapping it as well. but i don't know what size plug I would need....do you happen to know the size of those plugs?

I did that on two tb yesterday!
using 1/16-27 NPT Taper and 1/16 NPT Plugs
here is a picture...

Thank you guys very much, it was m5 x .8. Got home, pulled the tap and die set out, and its a standard not metric‍. So I was able to just thread the set screw I got from home depot, into the TB without the tap set. I screwed it in, back out, blow it out. I did this 3 times, each time screwing it in a little deeper till it was flush. Put it back together, no leak. Took a chance on screwing it in without tapping it first and it worked. My only thought is would be, because the screw is steel and the TB is aluminum, as to why it worked.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back