The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Synapse Synchronic WG good for this TURBO?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1995GSTEclipse

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 13, 2009
Somewhere, South_America
I was wondering if many people have used the Synapse WG and how they have held up in comparison to other type wastegates?? Here is my LITTLE TURBO... SUPER T70, .70ar turbine, .96ar compressor :cool:

Why use a soda can for size comparison? JUST USE A 1gal PAINT CAN! :hellyeah:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Check the reviews for them on here and youtube. I looked at it in the past and realized it still leaks boost.

What turbo might you have there?

Check the reviews for them on here and youtube. I looked at it in the past and realized it still leaks boost.

What turbo might you have there?

Just a small little turbo I got the other day. It supposedly has a Garrett 360 thrust center and the rest is unknown..

It's a china made crap turbocharger. You can tell by the compressor housing casting.

Throw that junk away and buy something that will actually live for more than a month.

Also, the synapse gates are crap. Buy a TiAl.

Just a small little turbo I got the other day. It supposedly has a Garrett 360 thrust center and the rest is unknown..
It has a Garrett nothing; that's an XS Power China-special turbo.

It has a Garrett nothing; that's an XS Power China-special turbo.

Thanx for your help Justin! LOL, I have a buddy running this on his car (smaller compressor side) and this thing is sick! What can you tell me Justin? Fairly decent turbo? :confused:

Also, the synapse gates are crap. Buy a TiAl.

And we should all assume that you've actually bought, installed correctly, and used a synapse gate to know this firsthand? Or should we see through your conjecture and throw your opinion out the window? :rolleyes:

And we should all assume that you've actually bought, installed correctly, and used a synapse gate to know this firsthand? Or should we see through your conjecture and throw your opinion out the window? :rolleyes:

Ass.

Agreed the Synapse gates are not well constructed. BTW that turbo is off the chain like hot sauce. Defiantly a 7 sec turbo. They support like 60psi and have 1000% efficiency. I would probably sell it or throw it away before you kill yourself with the power and longevity it will sustain.

What can you tell me Justin? Fairly decent turbo? :confused:
By the time you'd reach a boost level that would make a turbo with such large wheels and housings useful, the turbine shaft would snap or the compressor backplate casting would explode.

Another bummer is the fact that this turbo can never be rebuilt with genuine parts because they don't exist. I tore one of these babies down recently, and the thrust plate was nothing I've ever seen before. Big-shaft T3 journal bearings didn't fit the shaft, either.

Makes a nice conversation piece, though.....door stopper, perhaps?

You didn't bother to check the bolts that hold it together did you. Admittedly that's a failure on their part but you should have noticed a problem when it started boost creeping worse and worse for about a week before it split. Send it back and they'll send you a fresh new one, or send it to me and I'll send it back and get a new one.

You didn't bother to check the bolts that hold it together did you. Admittedly that's a failure on their part but you should have noticed a problem when it started boost creeping worse and worse for about a week before it split. Send it back and they'll send you a fresh new one, or send it to me and I'll send it back and get a new one.

That should never have happened with a well engineered part from the factory. Bad engineering = bad part. Not my fault.

i had 4 of these on my car and the bolt kept backing out of the head. The bolts from the head to the base. They kept sending me replacements but i kept having problems. So i went with tial.

That should never have happened with a well engineered part from the factory. Bad engineering = bad part. Not my fault.

It can happen to any wastegate that has adjustable/replaceable springs. They changed to another sealant because of this issue iirc. Do you still have the broken one? I'll buy it off you so I can send it back and get a good one.

Means a lot coming from someone who doesn't know that fprs bleed down pressure after the car's off. :rolleyes:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back