The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A swapped transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keola916

Proven Member
Mar 16, 2022
Sacramento, California
I recently bought a 95 eagle talon esi 5 speed with pretty low miles for pretty cheap. Of course there was some problems i had to fix like the hub assembly and clutch kit.

I bring it to the mechanic with the clutch kit i got from autozone that was supposed to be for my car and 4 hours later i get a call saying its the wrong clutch kit. I then go threw 4 other clutch kits until me and the tech realized someone had swapped in a standard trans.

I looked at the trans number and it is nv-t350 and im almost positive that its supposed to be a f5mc1. I then just mix and matched 2 clutch kits, i got the disc from a 05 neon and pp from a 05 eclipse LOL. It all fit in perfectly and bolted up perfectly, is that OK to do? To mix and match different clutch parts from other cars but its still all fits and bolts up perfectly?

It was just shocking to see that cuz i would have never guessed it was swapped, whoever did it did an amazing job with the interior center and finding the same color center console.

Correct me if im wrong but, did the nv-t350 come out of a neon?

-thanks

Also the clutch kit that came out was an Act clutch kit
heres the link
https://www.autohance.com/act-dn2-hdss-clutch-kit-heavy-duty-hd.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back