The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Sunroof assembly: the metal bar attached to left and right rail?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoolingreen20

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 19, 2005
Youngstown, Ohio
Just picked up a 95 Talon TSi AWD and I noticed that the metal bar that attaches to the rear of the left and right sunroof rails is loose. It appears that the small plastic piece that inserts into the back of the rail that the bar screws into is broken. I had two brand new rails from Mitsubishi in my garage but they do not have that piece inserted into them. Does anyone know where I can find this piece? Is my only option a junkyard? What is the purpose of that metal bar? Is it for support or just a stop?

Tony
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Sun roofs are designed to leak and that bar is was funnels the leaking water down the back to go out the tubes. You need that bar or the sunroof will leak water on you. I may have a couple i have quiet a few sunroofs laying around pm me and i'll check when i get the chance to dig them out

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back