The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

streetable twin disk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red1993gsallmt

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 30, 2002
long branch, New_Jersey
Ok so heres the deal, i currently have sprung 4-puck with a 2600pp, before this i had a street disk with the 2600. I changed to the 4-puck because i didnt like how slow i had to shift into second, so i got a sprung 4-puck thinking that it would let me shift faster, its a little better but nothing like a 2100pp lets you shift. If i went with the unsprung i would of been better off i think but the only way im pulling the trans again is if i have a twin disk to put in. Anyone recommend a certian twin disk, a certain disk material for daily driving a 11sec street car? Thanx

Personally I wouldnt run a twin disc on a street car. My Quartermaster only lasted about 2500 miles before needing a complete rebuild. On a 16g car even.

Ok so heres the deal, i currently have sprung 4-puck with a 2600pp, before this i had a street disk with the 2600. I changed to the 4-puck because i didnt like how slow i had to shift into second, so i got a sprung 4-puck thinking that it would let me shift faster, its a little better but nothing like a 2100pp lets you shift. If i went with the unsprung i would of been better off i think but the only way im pulling the trans again is if i have a twin disk to put in. Anyone recommend a certian twin disk, a certain disk material for daily driving a 11sec street car? Thanx

hey man i fellow member put this site on me ...i was asking the same question if i had to go twin disc clutch when i finish my build for 6oowhp heres the site they are called southbend clutches ...check it out ...:thumb:South Bend Clutch - DXD High Performance Clutches

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back