The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

PTT twin disk setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastlaser

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2003
glendora, New_Jersey
I just got my car back together, and man all i have to say is this was one of my best investments into the car.

I did alot of searching and got alot of random answers for things, but heres my end of the story

I used the 6 bolt flywheel bolts, blue lock tight. No bottoming out problems, this went in with zero issue. No need for the 7 bolt flywheel bolts

I acually used my factory slave cylinder. I adjusted the master all the way to the floor, put it in 1st gear, and had my lovely lady sit in the car press in the clutch. Rolled it back and forth, and kept doing that making minor adjustments till the car would roll with the clutch petal pressed.

Engagements pretty much right off the floor, i plan on doing a petal stop and adjust it higher.

Driving is amazing, alittle getting use to. When you got the clutch petal pressed in it sounds like something is seriously wrong in the trans, but its only the disk rattling

The first time i layed into her all i have to say is wow. I instanly noticed it went into boost and hit way harder because of the lighter clutch assembly. It was pretty violent. I am running a g4cs 2.4 with a bolt on 60-1 with a p trim turbine wheel, but the way this thing hits it feels like a 14b LOL.

I finally plan on getting to the track..ive had this car so long and never took it to the track. I think its time to see what i can do before i put the new setup on. Hope i answer some questions that i couldnt find for the life of me

Thanks for the info, I plan on getting a twin disc clutch soon.
Did you get a different size slave cylinder? Do you feel a need to get one? Or did your master cylinder rod adjustment eliminate that need?

Thanks for the info, I plan on getting a twin disc clutch soon.
Did you get a different size slave cylinder? Do you feel a need to get one? Or did your master cylinder rod adjustment eliminate that need?

I do have the isuzu slave cylinder sitting in my tool box ready to go on. I talked to acouple guys which one of them acually found the isuzu slave for ptt. He said the 1g works but whats great about the isuzu is that it lengthings the engagment point making it better for launching/slipping the clutch out.

with the 1g slave it shifts fine, no issues, raced acouple people from rolls. Its completly drivable. I havent launched it yet, but ill keep an update :thumb: . I might just throw on the isuzu slave to see how it makes a difference.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back