1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Still trying to see whether the 420a motor is worth building?

Posted by MyProject2G, Jan 17, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. importracr317

importracr317 Proven Member

Joined Apr 16, 2003
    South Chicago S, Illinois
    That's one benefit to having the "economy" motor :thumb:

672  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 2G DSM
  2. LD25Delta9

LD25Delta9 Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2008
    Ft. Wayne, Indiana
    This whole thread outside of Shake, Fotown and Bullet makes me :ohdamn:

What happened to when the 4g63 guys didn't care enough about the 420a section to post here? I know the OP didn't ask for a 4g63 vs 420a comparo.... so why's everybody doggin' on the 420a? It's a great engine that is easy to maintain and mod. Quit harshin' the mellow y'all!

EDIT: Also, what's all this crazy talk of cuttin fender wells and motor mounts and stuff for a 4g63 swap?....It's called an EVO motor... much less fabrication required when 3 of the 4 mounts line right up...

724  0

1997 Eagle Talon N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. Fotowntalon

Fotowntalon Proven Member

Joined May 14, 2008
    Fostoria, Ohio
    Holy sh** Adam, your still alive?

4. bryanwheat

bryanwheat DSM Wiseman

Joined Aug 16, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri
    The price of an evo engine and transmission will cost you more than a running 2g turbo car in good condition. Also you have to do heavy modification to the rear subframe, relocate the steering rack and swap bar mounts. It isn't a simple bolt in and go.

No one is dogging the 420a, most people are only stating facts. There is a difference between talking trash on something and telling fact's.

5. LD25Delta9

LD25Delta9 Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2008
    Ft. Wayne, Indiana
    It's also another thing to start in with the comparo when it's clearly stated you're not supposed to do that. Granted, I've been gone a long time, but last I knew it was a don't tell unless asked kind of thing. If you scroll up, or better yet, read from the beginning, the OP knows the 4g63 is cheaper to mod for more horse. He just wants to know if the 420a is "worth it" to build? Ask any 420a owner who's worth his salt at turning a wrench and he'll tell you, "Hell yes!"

Yes I am alive.

724  0

1997 Eagle Talon N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  6. VelocitàPaola

VelocitàPaola Moderator

Joined Jun 14, 2005
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Yeah, I tried cleaning it up, but the BS just got resurrected.

1K  21

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.