The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

stalling issue with v3 would like help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3kgt2nv

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2011
poughkeepsie, New_York
so i installed link and set it for sd for my first start. i have no previous map to go off of. my mod list is up to date and car has had the mechanical and base timing set and checked with a timing light.

The issue i am having is I can start the car and it will idle fine but if i give it gas as the rpm's drop it stalls instantly. when i restart it, the car will idle surge like crazy and die out if i don't give it gas. The air fuel is at 14.7 - 15.3 at idle and timing is at about 12 deg. This happens both when the car is cold or hot and the coolant temp sensor is new and is also being monitored by aftermarket gauge. I also verified the iac is working thru link and tested the unit in another car with no issues.

My question is should i be looking for a mechanical issue or is this something with the tune. sorry i cant post a log at this time as the idle surge is so bad it cannot stay running long enough to capture a log other than rapidly changing values.

Do you have a wideband? And Is your bov recirculated? Cause its most likely your air fuel. My car was doing the same and i was running too rich.

I do have a wideband and it is set to simulate the narrowband. The bov isnt recirculated but this issue is at idle as posted in the op. I am also running sd not a maf where the recirulation of the bov would be an issue.

Check what your wideband reading is when you give gas and let off. ( so In the process of stalling).

stays pretty much at about 15ish even though its stalling. checked the wideband its reading correctly so the sensor is good.

Does the wideband ever read anything else other then 14.7-15? It shoulda changed readings..

it does. when tested with brake clean in a rag it swings full rich and in open air runs full lean. when running with riding the gas we drove it around the block so no full power runs but saw dips to 9 and up to 16ish. with the stalling/surging we didnt want to try driving it to log due to concern for under lieing issue

i want to change the oil first then ill get what log i can

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back