The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Speedo and RPMS go up, car doesn't go any faster

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vexixx

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 14, 2004
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
I was driving home tonight and I noticed when I turned right I think it was that I felt something like I can't even explain it. Almost like the something is slipping off the road. I noticed when I was giving it gas that the rpms and speedo would go up pretty fast but I wouldn't be moving much faster. And when ever I gave it some gas I heard a thump if I hit it hard enough in the back of the car. Its dark out and I can't do anything about it tonight. What should I been looking for the in the morning. What could cause it to do that all of a sudden? The clutch is like 300-400 miles old. I can't see that being the problem , but who knows. What can I look for?Half shafts? axles... ? Rear end?

I have ideas of what it could be. Lost of expensive things ;-) just if anyone has ever seen this before what to look for right away. I'm gonna look for the obvious tomorrow. Broken, leaking, missing parts. but anything that someone might have some input I could miss that they had experience with. that'd be awesome!

Looked at it today. It was the Driver side half shaft. Theres a bracket that holds up the the half shaft that has 2 bolts in it. Well mine has one broken off one in there and the half shaft came out. Diff fluid leaked out also. I called buschur since they where the last ones to touch it and he said if I brought it up to him he would fix it for me. Its just that its far away. Does anyone know the size of the bolts that are suppose to go into that bracket?

If he is offering to fix it for free, I would let him. It could be a pretty rough time getting that broken bolt out. Who knows what else could have happended as a result of the breaking. On top of that anything you break while doing it is on you. I would let him deal with it. Just my .02

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back