The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Speakers stopped working?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmBear

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 27, 2012
Carmichael, California
Was listening to music, turned it up to 25ish? then music just stopped, but plays, but no sound. When you put the key in, and turn on / acc the speakers make a rasndom static noise almost , and thats only sound they produced, i check fuses, and were all good? what could this be?

Is this a new head unit? Do they eventually come back on?

When I changed my head unit and would turn up to 24 and up the will go out also, my sub still booming. Turned out my head unit couldn't keep up so to speak. Got new/not one from Amazon and they are ok now. Not sure if this helps.

If it just stopped working maybe you just blew the head unit :idontknow:

Have the speakers been making a rattling noise before shutting off? If so then you did over power them.
Have you tried the head unit with another speaker(s) and still no sound? If so then you have damaged the head unit itself.
Have you unplugged speakers from head unit and tested between them and ground and got a reading? If so then there a wire is damaged and shorting out, although this will cause somewhat different symptoms. Still won't hurt to check.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back