The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Smoking like a freight train after blt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docb002000

10+ Year Contributor
May 21, 2010
Phenix City, Alabama
I finally fixed all of my boost leaks wow at the places they cant hide. I am still on the stock t25 with 118xxx miles on it very little shaft play, no oil in ic pipes but a little resin in the ic its self. I had the rich smoke before with the boost leaks, but now I have a fog machine at idle and only gets worse, so the million dollar question is it my turbo? I did a compression test 1=170 2=173ish 3=170 4=175, it idles fine If I go to give it some gas it goes then dies. I basically smoked out my whole yard like it does when you do a injection cleaner through a vac port. What should I do next? Thanks for your help.

Also did you put all of the lines back together in the right places when you finished up?

Before it was black as ever.........I put everything back like it goes. When I started it up it filled my garage with smoke so I pushed it out to see if it would clear up it was dark out, but looked blueish/black after the exhuast pipe. My whole yard looked like a burn out pit. It didnt smell like your typical car burning oil. My IC pipes were dry but there was a little oil resin in the SMIC I checked my oil before and after i started it the level had dropped some. The oil looks clean it should be its basically new oil.

So your car blew black smoke at idle before?

Yeah it did. The only thing that hasnt been replace or rebuilt is my t25(want to replace), injectors(want to replace). Everything else has be replace or rebuilt! I would love to drive it I was hoping the t25 would last me a little bit I got the car from a old man with a new tranny in the trunk.

Yeah it did. The only thing that hasnt been replace or rebuilt is my t25(want to replace), injectors(want to replace). Everything else has be replace or rebuilt! I would love to drive it I was hoping the t25 would last me a little bit I got the car from a old man with a new tranny in the trunk.

Did you check for shaft play yet?

yeah stated it OP its all the way around basically up/dn side/side no in/out it spins freely

I have came to the conclusion, that its my turbo being shot and thats were I am burning oil it doesnt do it til it builds pressure then it doesnt stop whenI try to drive it it begins to build boost and shuts off is that maybe the compressor wheel binding?, my compression test was good again 175-180 cold engine 215-220 operating temp.

How do you attach a video here

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back