The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

small oil leak okay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90 TSI FWD

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2004
Columbus, Mississippi
okay, so i just put on a small 16g and got my car started frist time in a few months and i ran into probelms such as stripped head where the banjo oil line bolt to turbo goes to, broke one stud, and the stock intake snorkel couldnt fit on the 16g compressor housing. luckily, wheree i stripped the head, it doesnt leak, but unfortunately, where the oil line connects to the turbo is leaking. not like spurting oil everywhere, but there is oil near it. i went to the auto store, but they had no crush washers for that, so i heated up the old ones with a propane torch and reused it. is this leak normal? or at least is it okay to let it be?? its not so much to where it drips every second, but there is a small puddle on top of the center section.. for the intake, i removed the inner rubber ring so the intake can fit. is that rubber ring necessary?
Thanks
Chad

90 TSI FWD said:
okay, so i just put on a small 16g and got my car started frist time in a few months and i ran into probelms such as stripped head where the banjo oil line bolt to turbo goes to, broke one stud, and the stock intake snorkel couldnt fit on the 16g compressor housing. luckily, wheree i stripped the head, it doesnt leak, but unfortunately, where the oil line connects to the turbo is leaking. not like spurting oil everywhere, but there is oil near it. i went to the auto store, but they had no crush washers for that, so i heated up the old ones with a propane torch and reused it. is this leak normal? or at least is it okay to let it be?? its not so much to where it drips every second, but there is a small puddle on top of the center section.. for the intake, i removed the inner rubber ring so the intake can fit. is that rubber ring necessary?
Thanks
Chad

That banjo bolt on top of the turbo doesnt use crush washers it has those brass ones that creat a nice seal...get some from a dealer and that should cure your leak. Goodluck. * EDIT * I just realized what I said....that is a crush washer. Im sorry anyway do you have one on each side of the line? As in 4 total.2 at head connection and 2 at the turbo connection.

yes sir, i do.. well.. i noticed that my rubber coolant line wasnt tightened all the way, so i got that taken care of, but after driving for a while, i cant seem to find the leak anymore. maybe because it heated up pretty good and the crush washers adjusted.
Thanks for the reply
Chad

just make sure its fixed, I had a leak in my oil inlet line when i put in a 14b a while ago, it wasnt much to look at while idling, but after drving around and the oil pressure rises, it got really bad, oil all around the turbo and burning off so then the car was smoking almost constantly

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back