The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Slow free revs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spideydsm99

Proven Member
May 30, 2017
Cherryville, North_Carolina
Hello everyone I believe I know what's wrong with my 95 eagle talon tsi. But I'd like to get other people's opinion. So Ive had to put a new engine in it and I haven't put an alternator on yet because im still waiting on it to get back from the shop. But I tried starting it with a jump from my truck and it idles okay at around 8-900 but when you free rev it. It's very slow going up and around 2k it start missfiring/poping. The tach goes a little funky also. Now what im thinking is it's because the alternator isn't on yet. Oh and 1-4 plugs are dry but 2-3 are wet. But I was just wanting other people's opinion. Oh no cel on yet either.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back