The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

SIM EVO 8 Forward Facing Shootout Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great build but what's up with the shape of the carboned up area around the crown of those pistons? it doesn't look like it's intentionally shaped that way toi fit anything i've ever seen in an engine but maybe it s the pics playing troicks on me ??

Nothing different here stock Evo 8 pistons and stock Evo 8 head with k272 cams.

Did decide to do some things different. I ordered up and started making a different fuel setup. FIC fuel rail, AEM FPR, inline and in tank Walbro 255 with -6 from and to tank feed/return. We will have some more pics up tomorow. :thumb:

Update for everyone.. Engine is back together fuel setup iris started on and some cleaning in the engine bay taking place. Here are some pics. .. Now we are just waiting on the trans from TRE once we get that everything should come together in a day and be back on the track.

The head
IMAG0895.jpg

The long block
IMAG0906.jpg

With the turbo setup
IMAG0909.jpg

IMAG0910.jpg

IMAG0911.jpg

Exedy HD Twin disc
IMAG0907.jpg

Awesome build guys! For a second you had me considering purchasing an EVO as my track car. Thanks for the dope pics.

Awesome build guys! For a second you had me considering purchasing an EVO as my track car. Thanks for the dope pics.

Thanks man.. What made you change your mind? I have equal love for both the DSM's and Evos they both seem to have there good and bad attributes. :thumb:

Thanks man.. What made you change your mind? I have equal love for both the DSM's and Evos they both seem to have there good and bad attributes. :thumb:

Honestly the only thing is that I've put so much into learning DSMs that I will probably end up with another one, 1G or 2G AWD before an EVO. Def where my passion is but I really like what you guys are doing.

Seems like a great environment as well :rocks:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back