1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Should I swap spark plug wires ?

Posted by 44g4g5, Oct 10, 2019

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. 44g4g5

44g4g5 Probationary Member

Joined Oct 10, 2019
    Atlana, Georgia
    I have a 95 gsx that I have just put a 6 bolt in. Im keeping the 1g coil pack and I do have dsmlink as well. I also have the cas adapter harness connected. Before I try to start the car I was wondering if I need to swap the spark plug wires ?

2. 19Eclipse90

19Eclipse90 DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 29, 2003
    OKC, Oklahoma
    Swapping plug wires comes down to which ECU and CAS combination is being used. The wiring/harness does not change the signal the sensor is outputting, nor how the ECU receives it unless it is wired incorrectly from the start. In short:

If using a '95-'96 ECU and '95-'96 CAS --> no change.
    If using a '95-'96 ECU and '97-'99 CAS --> change spark plug order.

If using a '97-'99 ECU and a '95-'96 CAS --> change spark plug order.
    If using a '97-99 ECU and a '97-'99 CAS --> no change.​

That is all that this picture is saying. When the original order in any normal case is 4-1-3-2, then if a change is required, it will become:
    plugwires-jpg-jpg.jpg

jed344 likes this.
  3. jed344

jed344 Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 10, 2008
    Waterville, Iowa
    You can also swap the ignition wires at the ECU. I have done that on a 99 with a 95 eprom with ecm link when going to coil on plug with a 97-99 spark tech kit.

1K  38

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM