The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 6bolt swap, no spark

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

that_gst

Proven Member
Jul 19, 2013
everett, Washington
Recently did a 6bolt swap in my friends 99 gst. Its a 6bolt/2g head. The engine turns over but doesnt start. Its getting fuel , but has no spark.

We checked the ecu and replaced it and still no spark. We then replaced the coil with one of mine and still doesnt fire up. We pull one spark plus wire to see if there was any spark. There isnt any spark at all.

We've checked fuses , relays, harness to coil and cas etc . everything is fine.
It does not have a crank angle sensor since its a 6bolt oil pump. Has anyone beeen through this before ? We would really appreciate any thoughts or ideas on the the issue could be . Thanks .

2G cas. I believe thats the issue, am i right ? I will wire it up and swap it out tomorrow if thats the issue . I have a black top one.

Thanks man , appreciate the help I hope that solves the no spark issue.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back