The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Shep vs. Jacks

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I wasnt able to get a SHEP trans thow I would have to go with TRE out of kalamazoo.

I would definitely go to jack if I were you. He does great work, and hes semi local to you. Hes in Colorado springs. When I get mine built i'm taking it to him because I can save on shipping and talk to him in person which is always a plus.

i bought my car of one of shep's employes so its got it all.. i love how smooth it shifts..

I've gotten parts from jack and TRE, I can only say this; Jacks communication blows TRE's out of the water, but the quality of work from TRE is top notch. I've never dealt with shep but I honestly think there is no way to go wrong with either of them.

I have a shep std-2 fwd with quafie and cant express how well built it is. I would buy shep's transmissions anyday

I've dealt with Jacks and bought parts from them, they have very good products but I will be trying out TRE's stage 1.5 rebuild for my 1G. Why? For one, it is $200 cheaper than the others and you get the same thing.

Your going to opinions all day long on each trans rebuilder! They all know what they are doing, or they wouldn't be doing it. Its who ever you want to build it for you. I went with shep because he is only 3 hours from me, and i could drive there for less then it would be to ship it!

I had mine done at Shep trans. When I had a problem with my tranny after I installed it (dropped washer into tranny and it found 4 diff gears before coming out the bottom!) he went out of his way to take care of me. It has worked perfect ever since. He is a real cool honest guy. He has my vote!

Your going to opinions all day long on each trans rebuilder! They all know what they are doing, or they wouldn't be doing it. Its who ever you want to build it for you. I went with shep because he is only 3 hours from me, and i could drive there for less then it would be to ship it!

I agree. My personal opinion would be to go with Shep because of what he's done with his Talon and for the DSM community. It will be a long time before I need to upgrade my transmission though.

Kinda funny on this since this is all about personal opinions - why you drive a DSM, FORD, GMC, Toyota, Nissan, VW, et.al. , and what kind of oil, tranny oils/fluids, what sparkplugs, body shops, auto supply stores et.al. ..

This thread can go on forever ......

There really isn't a set answer, nor can one be given in this thread. The owner just have to find that answer himself thru experience.

-DSM

I like Jack's. It's close and he is my font of information of all things DSM. Help with these cars is always helpful.

jnztuning can build a pretty sweet trans also...... and its only an hour away from me so i can make visits :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back