The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Several lights come on when I press window button

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterMatt209

Proven Member
Jan 17, 2015
Danville, Indiana
So with the car off but I’m the on position the oil light and washer fluid reservoir light come on. But with the windows down if I press the window button down the brake, a/t temp, battery, and coolant light come on then come off when I let off the button. Does anyone know what this means? Car is a 95 GSX. In my talon the lights I just mentioned stay on until you start the car, what’s going on?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So how many grounds should there be? There’s a 0 gauge and 2 gauge wire coming off of the negative terminal. One to the side of the block and one to the firewall. Also there is those wire that seems to come from somewhere under the car isn’t this supposed to be on the negative terminal? (Black with yellow stripe)

I don’t know how many there are. I just follows the harness and cleaned every connector to the body. I’d 100% clean this one. Also make sure you can’t move your terminals by hand. Battery terminals look ok in the pic.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ok it may just be me, but it looks like there's possibly all kinds of bad stuff on that battery wiring. Can you get a different pic, pulled back just a bit, and show me where the orange w/ black sheeth and large gauge, all black wire are going/connected to? It almost looks like they're crudely spliced together.

The black with yellow stripe is usually your block-to-chassis ground, hooked to a top bellhousing bolt.

That ground on the strut tower is likely your problem. Your battery needs to have a direct ground to the block, and then the chassis is grounded to the block elsewhere. Attach it to the upper starter bolt near the head.

edit:
Ok it may just be me, but it looks like there's possibly all kinds of bad stuff on that battery wiring. Can you get a different pic, pulled back just a bit, and show me where the orange w/ black sheeth and large gauge, all black wire are going/connected to? It almost looks like they're crudely spliced together.

Yeah, you're right. I'm guessing the black with an orange is someone replacing the negative terminal ground that's on the firewall and prevents sparking when you remove and attach the negative terminal. The other wire presumably runs to the block at the starter bolt.

The one on the strut tower might be a block to chassis ground someone added, which would mean it likely doesn't have anything to do with his problem...but it does look like the factory black with yellow wire for the battery to block ground.

Going to need better pictures.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back