The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

searching for a hassel free TB to go on 2G SMIM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewTurboTuner

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2006
Rslv, Arkansas
Im looking at various 75mm Throttle Bodies to upgrade over a standard 2G TB.
New TB will be mounted on a 2G JMF Drag Intake manifold for a 6-bolt 2.3l with FP3 Cams. & I'd like the switch to be hassle free.

Im looking at BBK & Accufab. The BBK seems to come complete with gaskets & TPS which is nice. The Accufab I have no idea which TPS fits it & from what I read neither the BBK or Accufab TB use the ISC? & also the Accufab shaft can break because of over travel with the linkage?

Last night I came across the S90 74mm TB. Supposed to be a direct bolt on replacement that accepts the stock TPS, & ISC. That sounds nice & easy! But what Bolt pattern is it? Do I order a JMF Manifold with stock TB Flange & hog out the flange from 52mm to 74mm myself? Or can I order the Mani with some other type of 75mm TB Flange that will work with the S90?

Any & All advice is greatly appreciated
...Thanks!

thought I'd give an update from what I found out.

S90 TB is stock bolt pattern. To use on the JMF you'd want to use a 1G Flange which has a 70mm opening. To install the S90 74mm TB you'd need to hog out the 1G 70mm opening to get the 74mm TB to fit right.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back