The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1g TB on a 2g...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tallen

20+ Year Contributor
May 28, 2002
Ashburn, Virginia
what does this conversion involve? i am looking into candelas TB.

I have just done it. It doesn't involve a whole lot. the hardest part is calibrating your TPS.

I should bolt up, but you'll either have to port match your 2g head or swap for a 1g to be able to use it appropriately, the runners are much larger. The more I think about how much work this is going to be, the more I want to put it off :)

Originally posted by GRNDSM
Guys, it is 91-94 that will work and if anyone is looking for one, I have it for $100

Leon
RR

i might just take you up on that - i've got a pretty much stock setup right now (aem cai is all that might make a diff but i doubt it) - what would i need to do in order to put one in? and how much you want for shipping to 33064?

Originally posted by L2RTSiAWD
I have just done it. It doesn't involve a whole lot. the hardest part is calibrating your TPS.

so how did you go about calibrating the TPS? i tried following RRE's instructions, but the car ended up running like crap. so i rotated it until pins 2 and 4 put out .49 volts and it runs fine (i guess)

Originally posted by talonted_one
I have a 1G throttle body and a 1G intake manifold.... both went on with no complaints. I followed RRE info on calibrating the TPS and had not one problem.

If you dont mind me asking, how much work was installing the tb & mani it and what were your results?

Originally posted by Devicex

If you dont mind me asking, how much work was installing the tb & mani it and what were your results?

getting the intake manifold on/off with the head on the car is near impossible.. it can be done but its a major pita..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back