The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Scratched Fp3 intake Cam lobe.. replace it or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkimes

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 25, 2004
Fayetteville, Arkansas
My old 2.4 block gave up the ghost on the dyno so I had a new 2.4 longrod shortblock built with all billet Magnus internals (rods,crank,Pistons) plus a shotpeened block w ARPs/ACLs etc etc. Short story long.. In the process of getting her ready to go back on the dyno the shop noticed that my old FP3 intake cam must have somehow gotten nicked when the old bottom end let go and there is a fairly noticeable scrape cut into one of the intake cam lobes. Sooo.. before they can finish dyno tuning her they're suggesting I buy a new cam. Unfortunately, most of these cam's are sold in pairs and Forced Performance doesn't even make the FP3 any more. So, should I buy a whole new pair of cams (and if so, which ones?) or should I mismatch a different intake cam with my good FP3 exhaust cam (and if so which cam should I pair it with)? :hmm:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That is pretty bad.

I have sent off a Kelford cam that had some scoring on one the journals to Delta to repair.

You may think about sending the cam to be repaired.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back