The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

SBR 4000 Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just wanted to put my review of the Slowboy 4000. This clutch went on my Awd dsm and The bottom line is I love it! At first glance the clutch looks beefier than my Act 2600 (especially the springs). The clutch was added with a stock resurfaced flywheel and the pedal pressure is slightly lighter than my 2600. This is with a Fully build shep tranny and a Steel braided clutch line from the Slave to Master cylinder's (which i highly reccomend). After break in, (300 miles) I proceeded to do a few second gear pulls and let me tell you this clutch Grabs!. I dont remember my car jerking forward after each shift with the 2600. Then at 600 miles I did my first launch with 10psi (via stutterbox) and it seems like this clutch loves to be slipped out of the hole. It must like the heat with the kevlar fibers woven in the clutch disc because after a long hard slip it seems to grab as soon as you want it without the slightest hesitation. I know that when my Fwd Dsm needs a new clutch slowboy's 3500 will go in without hesitation. Great job on the clutch Slowboy you've made my dsm a Launching beast again!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back