The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

SBR Small 16G Review/Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a Small 16G, ported, upgraded 34mm wastegate, 2g install kit, and a walbro 190 from Mike at Slowboy racing. Probably the last time I will do business with them, everyone says the customer service is great, and I agree to an extent. Got the fuel pump a few days after I made my order via USPS. then the turbo came about 5 days later, a day earlier that expected. The turbo was boxed in bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts. Took it out and saw a beautiful porting job, J-pipe, lower IC pipe both powerdercoated a nice grey color, stainless oil feed line, but no gaskets. Emailed mike right away and he said that it wasn't a problem and he'd get some new ones out that day. Well 2 weeks later, I still hadn't gotten the kit that he sent, not saying it was his fault or anything but it was lost in the mail somewhere. So I ended up paying $20 extra for next day air delivery of a new gasket set. Oh well, its all installed now, no use crying over spilled milk right??

INSTALL REVIEW:
The T25 came off really easy with the use of this bad ass penetrating oil called "Yield". I reccomend you pick up a couple cans if you can ever find it. Anyways, the hardest part of the oil/water lines was bending the water line into place, piece of cake really. But the real bi*tch of the project was the lower IC pipe. I had to cut almost half of it off to get the thing to fit on the intercooler. 7 hose clamps later...its complete. Hehe, didn't want those daggum IC pipes blowing off now do we?

PERFORMANCE REVIEW:
Started her up and watched all the pretty smoke rise from leftover oil/water/breakfree burn off. Checked for any leaks, and (i'll give myself a tree for this one) there were none!:tree: Backed the MBC out a couple turns for precaution. hopped in and took off. started driving normal speed, then kicked her WOT for a bit. The car pulled a lot harder than the 15psi I was running on the stocker. Pulled over and adjusted it to 15psi and all I can say is...WOWOMG This turbo is unbelievable! Before I used to get wheelhop, now its all out madness. Tires just spin, but not enough for me to loose too much traction. I havn't done any launches on it yet but I can tell you that It does in fack haul arss. The boost starts building about 3600rpm and im at 15psi at around 4000ish (Havn't really paid that much attention)

Im pretty pleased with my purchase, customer services was good to an extent, but im not really worried about it now...All in all, this turbo has is beast. I can see where everyone is saying that the small 16g is the most underrated turbo, because it pulls so damn hard at 15psi, its crazy. I'll be sure and post some times for everyone as soon as I make it to the track. If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me or just drop a post!

-Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back