The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

AGP RS49T Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is my review of the AGP RS49T. I bought the turbo back in Oct. 2005. I got the RS49T, internal wastegate, AGP billet actuator, oil return, stainless oil feed, fittings and necessary gaskets.( All purchased from AGP)

Mod list
RS49T
RNR 2.5in O2 eliminator, external dump
DSMlink
FIC 750cc
MBC
Ebay FMIC 24x9x3
2.5in custom IC piping
Extreme PSI intake but changed to FP 4in intake
1G BOV
Aeromotive FPR
Walbro 255

VISUAL IMPRESSION-
Upon my first visual inspection of the turbo and parts, I was very impressed. The turbo dwarfed the T25. The compressor cover was a polished turbonetics TO4E and on the hot side was the massive Bullseye housing. This thing is beefy looking. All parts were very nice and looked to be excellent quality. The oil return is awesome because it allows you to adjust it to whatever lenght you need.

INSTALL-
The install was pretty straight forward. The compressor and center section can be clocked to allow for proper alignment with IC piping and oil return. I did have to dent the water pipe slightly. This possibly could have been avoided had I positioned my IC piping differently. I chose not to because it would have placed the IC pipe right under my o2 dump. I chose to dent the water pipe, allowing me to rotate the compressor outlet toward the radiator a little. I also removed the stock AC fan due to the wastegate actuator hitting it. This also could have been avoided with a little grinding of the shroud but I just preferred to remove it.

Now for the fun-
I ran a boost source directly to the wastegate actuator, bypassing the MBC until I broke in the turbo. I could hold as low as 10-11 psi with no creep. --After break-in-- Boost came on very smooth. Also the turbo spooled much quieter than the T25. At 10psi car felt about as fast as T25 at 14-15psi, just spooling slower and boost did not drop off at all. Next, I raised the boost to 18psi. Car felt very strong and MUCH faster than the T25. I was seeing full boost at around 3600-3700rpm. This whole time I had been using an Extreme PSi intake (2.25in) on my TO4E cover (3in). I switched to a FP 4in intake and noticed a HUGE difference in spool up and sound. I could now hear the turbo (nice and loud) and I was then seeing full boost at 3400rpm. I now have the boost set at 21 psi. It holds rock solid with no boost creep and so far, I'm not blowing the internal gate open yet.

OVERALL IMPRESSION-
Awesome turbo, great price, and great quality parts. Car pulls really hard and is pretty scary in 3rd gear and on the highway. Spools ridiculously fast, 21psi between 3400-3500rpm. I'm very happy with this turbo and would definitely buy it again.

I don't have any dyno or track time yet.
This post will be updated with a DSMlink log showing RPM and Boost on a GM3bar map sensor for all the non believers. If theres any other info you people would like PM me and I'll add whatever I can.

-Josh

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back