The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Saturn Series 4G37 won’t crank

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JangoRavioli

Probationary Member
Mar 27, 2019
Kalamazoo, Michigan
It cranked one day, then my battery needed to be replaced so it sat for a week. I put in the new battery, tried to crank it, and got nothing. I thought it was the battery the whole time but I’m suspicious that it’s the starter now. I guess it’s really just a normal starter issue but I wanted to see if I could have some assistance from my fellow DSMers.

Only way to know is pull the starter and bench test really. You could monitor voltage while in crank position to see if it has a large drop, if so then the solenoid or starter motor may be welded.
Check all connections and make sure they're clean and tight.

Does it even click? Might want to check for 12v on the solenoid wire when it the start position as well..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back