The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

SAFC2 with DSMChip Stage 3 - Won't Idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b00stedeclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 4, 2002
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I have my EPROM burned for the stage 3 DSMChip and it is set for 2g maf and 650s. I have the AFC zeroed out and the car will not idle unless I adjust the 1000rpm LO fuel trim to 20+ or so. If I put it below 20+ the car withers and stalls. Any input is appreciated.

Like I said, if i set the low fuel trim to 20+ it idles fine. Otherwise, the car dies within a few seconds of adjusting the curve.

Thanks!

- Brett

Is your BOV recirculated? If not it will pull unmetered air in at idle vacuum, and you will have to adjust your SAFC like you said.

Also make sure your ECU has reset so fuel trims are zeroed.

Your chips Dead Time and Injector Size may not match your injectors.

Is your BOV recirculated? If not it will pull unmetered air in at idle vacuum, and you will have to adjust your SAFC like you said.

Also make sure your ECU has reset so fuel trims are zeroed.

Your chips Dead Time and Injector Size may not match your injectors.

Yes my HKS SSQV is recirculated. I've disconnected the battery for a min or so to let the trims zero out. What do you mean by Dead Time and Injector size? I have FIC 650s working with the 2g MAF. I bought a brand new Eprom ECU off Jeff @ DSMChips along with the flashed chip. Also running an Aeromotive AFPR with the Wally 255.

Read post #4 here. You either didn't tell Jeff that you were using a 2g MAS, or he didn't compensate for it. An easy oversight either way. He'll definitely get you fixed up no matter what.

Read post #4 here. You either didn't tell Jeff that you were using a 2g MAS, or he didn't compensate for it. An easy oversight either way. He'll definitely get you fixed up no matter what.

I never thought it was his fault. I hadn't thought to check if my 2g MAF had the honeycombs removed or not. And it did. Jeff has been in contact with me and the situation is cleared up now. Thanks everyone! ;)

Good to hear. He's helped me a ton with my chip/setup, from installation to fine tuning. Probably the best customer service from an aftermarket supplier I've ever had.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back