The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

SAFC settings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

szewczyd

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2003
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
I purchased a SAFC and I am just wondering of what the stock settings should be set at. I have an all stock fuel system other than a walboro 255. Also a stock intake system including the mas nothing is removed or hacked.

You need to tune it to get your own settings. Anything people tell you is going to be a mere assumption or what they are running on their own car.

You have a stock turbo with some good potential. Go get it tuned by a good shop or with someone that has a tuning tool. You can get deep into the 12's now if you haven't already.:thumb:

Your AFC wont help anything unless you get a AFPR and get that pump under control. I was in the same boat and I was told to make the tuning worth while I needed to purchase a Adjustable Fuel Pressure regulator

A low pressure 255 pump will be OK for tuning. If it is the High Pressure unit, then yes get yourself an FPR.:thumb:

Originally posted by midnght
A low pressure 255 pump will be OK for tuning. If it is the High Pressure unit, then yes get yourself an FPR.:thumb:
What is a decent one to get that is relatively inexpensive. The best value in other words.

Since you don't have an AFPR, it's very likely that you will have to tune very negative on the SAFC for your low throttle settings, as your stock fuel pressure regulator will likely be overrun by the 255.

Originally posted by szewczyd
What is a decent one to get that is relatively inexpensive. The best value in other words.

Anyone you see other than the B&M command flo unit. It is known to be subpar. Many have it and 'might' like it, but most get it only to spend more money on another one.

I myself and looking at these two things. Even though I have a low pressure unit, I want to see and control every aspect of my car as humanly possible.:thumb:

I have the Aeromotive unit. It is an excellent piece, it is a bit pricy, but well worth it!

go on E-bay and look for OBX-racing and Weapon R AFPR since they come with gauges and will run you about 100. Where as the aeromotive will be like 150 plus another 30 for the guage. they are good quality. I personaly am running the OBX-r

Bushur Racing has a full bolt-on kit. It includes an AFPR that is flanged for your fuel rail, a fuel pressure gauge and all the fittings you need to hook it up. It's $275 for the kit but it works and looks great, plus it's really easy to install.

you will overrun your stock fpr.. you can get away with b&m modifier with some exstensive tuning with the afc.. you can't lower the fuel prussure with that unit thoe. mine is doing fine for me now. just be prepared for a couple of hours playing wit the afc. it can be done. dont let anyone tell you different. then again all cars are different. just my 2 cents

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back