The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

safc settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92_laser

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 7, 2005
Sandpoint, Idaho
I just installed my safc and I was wondering what settings I should start out with. If anyone can help or can point me in the right direction....
Thanks

K_Hill said:
This is a very helpful link..

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/newafc.htm

and another..

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103469

Download this.. http://users.wpi.edu/~ktarry/dsmtech/DSM_Tuning_Sheet_v2.1.xls This will help you get your safc tuned in so you can start tuning.. Before you start tuning you will need a DATALOGGER. If you don't have a datalogger put all your corrections at 0% acroos the rpm range.

I'm new to tuning as well, why would you put 0% across the board?

Just to help clarify, an AFC will help you ad or subtract a certain percentage of fuel from what the engine would normally get. A setting of +10% would give 10% more fuel and likewise a setting of -10% would give 10% less fuel. People that get large injectors or that start running more boost need to add and subtract fuel from different points. K Hill suggested you put 0% across the board because everything is stock. The AFC will not add or subtract fuel from anywhere because it does not need too. The links he provided are a good place to start research and yes, you no doubt need a logging device to start anything. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies but now I have another problem. The safc wont turn on.... Is there an on switch? I followed the instructions on vfaq.com to the "T". The only difference was the ground wire on my ecu did not have orange bands but I went with the corresponding plug.... Please help

It was the plug inside the safc... what settings should I start my tuning with? +/-? Th-points lo and high?
Thanks

Don't go overboard with throwing settings up and down. Every single car is different and overtime the wrong settings could be unhealty for your car. I would leave it alone until I get it tuned by someone who knows what their doing. Make sure you intialize it before you start playing with it.

K_Hill said:
0% correction across the rpm range is stock setting.. Don't start tuning unless you have a datalogging device!!

in setting 0% correction across the board you may encounter a few things. if you have 550cc, 650cc, or 750cc injectors, you obviously are going to be running that cc of injector and therefore not runnig "stock", a logger in necc. or get a wideband o2, plx has the m-300 for something like 275 or a little more. 0% will not necc. be okay, your car still may feel sluggish in that setting. so good luck and hopefully this helps too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back