The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

SAFC 2 settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattspyder

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 2, 2004
del taco, Wisconsin
hey i got my safc 2 in the mail today, and i was looking at v-faq and they got the installation on there and also the setting up. is it a good idea to go off there starting etc settings or what is the right way to go about it!

dude, i've been coming across your threads [ by chance ] and it seems that you're jumping the gun. I'm not really bashing you, but I suggest just going out on the internet and reading up. I researched and read for about 3 weeks before I actually touched my safc OMG

i'll help ya out though, cause I want to see a thread from you in the future of you putting down 350+ WHP with that to4b of yours :thumb:

first thing is first, get a pocketlogger.

then after things are installed and working properly, hit "initalize". you'll have to find that in one of the menus. then adjust your throttle points at 30% and 80% [ or you can vary, I just went with those numbers ]. then you must select your tuning RPMs... 1k 2k 3k 4k 4.5k and so on. then find and monitor your long term and short term fuel trims. you want to adjust your short terms first at idle. adjust the 1k until your short term fuel trims are at 0. then wait 5-10 mins until the longterm fuel trim settles down to 0 [ get it as close to 0 as possible ] .. then hold the rpms at 2k and repeat, same with 3k...

then bring your 3k settings across board..

I could go on, but I'm tired. goodluck and be careful.

blcknspo0ln said:
dude, i've been coming across your threads [ by chance ] and it seems that you're jumping the gun. I'm not really bashing you, but I suggest just going out on the internet and reading up. I researched and read for about 3 weeks before I actually touched my safc OMG

i'll help ya out though, cause I want to see a thread from you in the future of you putting down 350+ WHP with that to4b of yours :thumb:

first thing is first, get a pocketlogger.

then after things are installed and working properly, hit "initalize". you'll have to find that in one of the menus. then adjust your throttle points at 30% and 80% [ or you can vary, I just went with those numbers ]. then you must select your tuning RPMs... 1k 2k 3k 4k 4.5k and so on. then find and monitor your long term and short term fuel trims. you want to adjust your short terms first at idle. adjust the 1k until your short term fuel trims are at 0. then wait 5-10 mins until the longterm fuel trim settles down to 0 [ get it as close to 0 as possible ] .. then hold the rpms at 2k and repeat, same with 3k...

then bring your 3k settings across board..

I could go on, but I'm tired. goodluck and be careful.

why even bother with that? Just link him to the RRE page that says exactly that.

go here, read these http://www.roadraceengineering.com/ecltechtips.htm

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back