The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

runs normal a/f at idle but very LEAN when driving. no coolant guage reading

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMTyson

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 9, 2010
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Yesterday i was driving home and all of a sudden, while crusing, my a/f ratios went from oscillating at 15.6:1-17:1, to staying at 17.5:1 and LEANER sometimes not even reading on my AEM wideband and just staying on the last red bar. WTF is going on.

I woke up this morning, changed the o2 sensor, Started her up and it still runs just as lean. I'm going to hook up link in a minute and run a log, and post it up.

I thought it was a bad coolant temp sensor but wouldnt that make me run rich?

My log is further down the page when i replied to Colt4G63

Last edited:
a/f ratios are still the same. I'll see if wiggling the wire on the cts will work, but i doubt it.

Oh, i see. well when i hook up my datalogger(link), if the ecu is reading coolant temps then it should show up on there.

heres the log. looks like i have a boost leak. what do ya'll think?

logs

Attachments

• log.2011.01.23-02.elg
    304.6 KB · Views: 24
  • log.2011.01.23-03.elg
    53.7 KB · Views: 20
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back