The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Rotor Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PFC_CiarlilloM

10+ Year Contributor
May 22, 2011
Euclid, Ohio
Okay so im replacing my rotors and i took the caliper and the caliper frame off on the rear. The rotor should just slide off then correct? because its not and I think its just rusted on but I want to make sure there isnt something else im missing. Thanks!

Mike.

some times the ebrake is adjusted to tight as well. you can spin the adjuster and back it off. another thing is that if there is a big rust ridge where the shoes ride on the inside of the rotors for the ebrake can build up and its a PITA to get it off. i usually have luck with a 3lb dead blow hammer. also spray around the lug nut studs and the center of the rotor with pb blast and let her soak and try.

buy a can of pb blaster and use the whole thing on them. wait a few hours and bash them with a hammer. that stuff is the best. if it doesn't work let it sit over night, the rust should be gone by then.

oops too late LOL

If they are oem rotors there should've two threaded holes, 8x1.25 I think, for using a bolt to push the rotor off the hub.

Pb blaster & some nice whacks of the sledge hammer normally gets it off for me

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back