The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

rod/piston problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetraceboi

Sep 4, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
ok, i just did a rebuild on my engine about 500 miles ago. then it started knocking. so i was like WTF? so i dropped the pan, checked the bearings, and the #2 upper rod bearing was loose. so i replace it, put everything back together, and still knocking. so i drop the pan once more, and turned the crank by hand and noticed that the knock was coming from the #1 rod/piston. so i loosened the lower rod cap and pull it off, the i pushed the piston up and noticed when i would move the rod back and forth, it was pretty rough and hard to do. so i took the piston out and notice that the rod was really hard to move back and forth, and it caused minor wall damage and a small crack in the piston. my ? is, what would cause the rod to be tough to move like that? wrong wristpin installation? i just want to know so i wont go through this problem once i put it back together

the wristpin was probabnly installed incorrectly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back