The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Review: RRE UICP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For some background I'm going to list my mods before I start the review:

1997 Spyder GS-T (5-speed)
EVO III 16g, Walboro 190 lph Fuel Pump, FIC 650cc injectors, 2.5" Extreme DP, 2.5" Extreme Hi-Flow Cat, Injen intake, 1g BOV, Home Depot MBC, Pocketlogger, SAFC-II.

Take note that all of this information was gathered using the stock catback!

This is going to be my review of RRE's UICP. It came in the mail on Tuesday and I didn't get a chance to install it in until yesterday. The part looked great....except that UPS decided to play hockey with the box.

It took me about 1 1/2h to put it in, but if I did another one today it would probably only take 30 minutes. It was a very simple install and the fitment of the pipe was great. I only had to trim about 1/2" off the stock flexible tube, which was described on RRE's website.

Now for the performance aspect:

My max airflow @ 17psi before the installation was normally about 28.50 lbs/min. After the installation that was increased (similar ambiant air temps) to 30.26 lbs/min. 1.76 lbs/min for $95 (+$15 shipping). Not too shabby.

Prior to the install I had tried to increase the boost and saw no increase in airflow. After installing the UICP I turned up the boost to 19psi and was able to get the airflow up to 32.15 lbs/min.

I also noticed that the response was more linear durning the spool period. Prior to the install there seemed to be a "jerk" as full boost set in, almost an instant where it seemed as thought the turbo was "turned on". This has leveled out and has a more consistent pull as full boost is approached. I now have even worse wheelspin in 1st meaning I can only accelerate in 1st at part throttle. As full boost is reached in 2nd gear it normally lets loose again. It never used to spin in 2nd unless I downshifted from 3rd at about 40mph. FWD Sucks!

So, total after the installation I was able to get an extra 3.65 lbs/min !!! .

I am contemplating turning it up to about 21psi but need to take a look at some logs at 19psi before I start doing that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back