1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Rev9 manifold?

Posted by YungTlon, Mar 6, 2019

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. YungTlon

YungTlon Probationary Member

Joined Mar 6, 2018
    Pueblo, Colorado
    has anyone tried the rev9 manifold , it’s basically a version of the treadstone and turbonetics maniolfd. It’s cast looked just like all the other but cheaper. Should I just avoid it and go with the treadstone? Anyone ran this manifold? I have a on3 turbo sitting at home and I’m trying to keep it decent priced, I’ve never had any problems with these turbos as everyone from my area runs them and runs them hard and they do really well, others pitch a fit and complain that I’m going to use this turbo, blah blah blah. My main question is has anyone used this manifold and how did they like it!!

Attached Files:

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. JusMX141

JusMX141 Moderator

Joined Dec 13, 2005
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Tons of people use them- plan on putting some significant time into porting one of these if you're serious about using one, and like others have apparently told you I'd definitely consider using something a little more modern than a journal bearing China knockoff of a T04S Garrett. Even a used Borg Warner or Holset would be a better choice.

2K  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM

4K  14

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 1G DSM

2K  0

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  3. YungTlon

YungTlon Probationary Member

Joined Mar 6, 2018
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks man

4. MorrisonFab

MorrisonFab Supporting Vendor

Joined May 28, 2017
    Johnson Creek, Wisconsin
    20190308_174055.jpg 20190308_174304.jpg 20190308_182552.jpg 20190308_193048.jpg 20190308_192845.jpg
    When Justin says there is a significant amount of work needed, he isn't kidding LOL. The good news is it cleans up ok in the end, but the collector casting is a mess out of the box. There is a hefty wall that impedes much of the collector entry on #2&3, and a good amount of core shift at the port entries.

A turbonetics seemed to be a lot better out of the box, but this does cost less. Compared to a turbonetics, the placement is "similar," but the turbo will end up closer to the block from less "kick out" angle and less distance overall- so more block and/or water pipe clearancing will be required for the same turbo.

Street Build 794  20

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 1K  18

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    868 whp · 546 lb/ft · 1G DSM
    tametalon92 and 19gsx91 like this.