The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Rev limiter Spark Retard what timing retard is best

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSTurbo1

10+ Year Contributor
May 2, 2012
Pickens, SC, South_Carolina
Ok so I have msextra and trying to shoot for good timing retard. I have no clue what's aggresive, what's safe, what boundaries should I be in?

Fix Your Issues first. Tuning is only going to compound your issues.. If it was tuned, and now it runs differntly, thats a sign something has changed. You need to find out what chnged and why instead of re-tuning.

Nothing has changed... i'm about to start my head rebuild this afternoon. once I get out of work. I'm going to post pics.

Get the head chaecked for flatness at least, are you also haveing valve seal done? I would.. I assume ARP head studs? Use a Mopar MLS hg and some coper gasket spray.. get pics of those pistons too.. lets see whats going on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back