The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

requesting pictures of 2g's with 18x8 wheels!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I run 225/40/18 with a 45mm offset and it looks good and has plenty of clearance. With my offset and a 1ish inch drop I should be able to get a 235 in. Something to keep in mind a 225 made by goodrich good actually be a few more/less mm then a Hankook

I got 1997 GSX (One owner me). Love this car!!! Finally I found some rims that are better than stock and look almost stock (Enkei PF01). I think I want to put 235/40R18 w/ 18x8 40mm offset not sure. Everyone always goes with 225. The rear view is important don't want a wide gap look between tires and no rubbing if possible. Also don't want them sticking out past fenders. Should I go with 225/45/R18 with 18x7.5 rim 45mm? offset instead. Anyone got a perfect dead on rear pic with 235/40/R18 on them? Let me know rim size and width and offset as well?

Enkei 18x8 +40 rims and Pirelli 235/40/18 tires.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You can see more here: - DSMtuners Gallery

The offset and width is almost perfect. I had some rubbing at the rear wheel wells once lowered, but it just took a little light modification to fix. The look of the tire is going to differ between manufacturers, but in general I think 225 is too narrow for an 8" rim. My 235's slope inwards just barely enough to notice up close.

Enkei 18x8 +40 rims and Pirelli 235/40/18 tires.

You can see more here: - DSMtuners Gallery

The offset and width is almost perfect. I had some rubbing at the rear wheel wells once lowered, but it just took a little light modification to fix. The look of the tire is going to differ between manufacturers, but in general I think 225 is too narrow for an 8" rim. My 235's slope inwards just barely enough to notice up close.

Sweet thanks for the Pic. Do you think I could get away with 45mm offset on all 4 tires with 235/40R18 instead of 40mm? My stock is 17x6.5 46mm 215/50 and I have about barely 5mm on the back between arm and the tire front has plenty. So maybe 45mm in front and 40mm in back? Any issues with this thinking? I plan on Eibach Pro Kit 1.3" drop. Im going with Goodyear Eagle GT's (Goodyear has never let me down)

AVS Model T-5 18x8 et35 + Yoko Neova AD-08

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back