The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

replacing head gasket what specialty tools do i need?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZebraEatsLion

Probationary Member
Oct 12, 2010
Dothan, Alabama
i have started with a buddy replacing my head gasket we have taken everything out including the left engine mount so all that is left is the timing belt cover and of course timing belt then the head and cams, i have gotten many books and 420a engine overhauls but i was wondering what specialty tools do we really must need for this job? been doing it in an old shed and definately not mechanic equiped with all the great tools. sorry if this has been posted somewhere just wanting to get it done and could use all the help i can get!

You'll deff need a torque wrench to bolt the head back on to torque specs.

Oh yea i forgot to give you some advice, don't forget the bracket that attaches the intake manifold to the block you need to take that off to remove the head.

yea luckily my buddy has one that saves $100 for a one time tool, now what about taking the timing belt off i saw some tool called a three jaw puller do i need this?

so pretty much the torque wrench is all i need for the whole job? and thanks so much for the help really appreciate it just dying to get my baby back running

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back