The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

removing trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jepherz

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
I am painting my 93 eclipse and am not sure how to remove a few trim pieces. First, the seal on the outside that is on the bottom of the side windows, both driver and passenger. Second, the door bumper running along the side of the whole car. Third, the ground effects. I think the last two are just held on with some trim taping, but I want to make sure before I try and pull them off.
Thanks for any help.

Basically all of them are held on with clips and glue. The window trim is simply just little snap clips. But be care full because when I took mine of I snapped some of the clips and they weren't easy to find. But other than the breaking part, easy removal no worries. As for the body kit and door molding they are just held on with the little pop clips and some tape or glue. I have also seem some that have a a few screws on the body kit portion. But I'm not sure if they were factory or if a past owner put them in. But..no worries. It easy sailing!

Hammer, Is there any special way to take any of the moldings off in order to preserve the clips?

Thanks a lot man

jepherz said:
Hammer, Is there any special way to take any of the moldings off in order to preserve the clips?

Thanks a lot man

Damn good question. And, if you do ruin the tapered arrow things that hold the moulding on, is Satan the only one to get them from? The universal ones at auto parts stores never work for me and just using the 3M body moulding adhesive tape isn't enough. Help me and jepherz. Thanks.

I know what you mean... if you're careful you can save them...other than that i had to buy some from a local body shop. I couldn't find them anywhere...! But other than that maybe the dealers...

Hammer_Gaidin said:
I know what you mean... if you're careful you can save them...other than that i had to buy some from a local body shop. I couldn't find them anywhere...! But other than that maybe the dealers...

I hadn't thought of a body shop. Good idea. Thanks.

Boz

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back