The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

removing rear window trim?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volcomsnow245

10+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2011
chicago, Illinois
Ok guys I searched and still can't find how to do this. I'm trying to remove the trim on the back of the rear window so I can redo the seal so water stops getting in. I just need to know how to take it off.
thanks

I popped mine off and pulled all around it isnt easy the trim pieces are easy everything else just start pulling its kinda hard to explain whats the problem.

I need to reuse it though so is it glued or what.

I removed the strip when I painted my 95 and I'm not 100% sure but it seems to me that once removed, it needs to be replaced with a new one. If anyone knows out there, chime in for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
The upper and lower trim pieces are held in with clips. The upper piece may partially be glued in. If this is the case, you'll most likely ruin the trim removing. If it comes out, you'll most likely need new clips as they are fragile. The lower molding will snap out. Somewhat harder to describe, I believe you start with the glass side, then bottom to remove. The side trim pieces most likely have window sealant holding them in as well as they are kinda press fit on the glass. Most if not all of these trim pieces aren't avalible anymore from the dealer.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back