The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

removing pintle caps. Helpp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deviousgst

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2008
bakersfield, California
i just recently replaced 2 of my broken pintle caps on my 660s. injectors 1 and 4.(i use to get misfire in 4th). but now i keep getting misfire in 3cylinder. i tried everything, coil wires(magnacores) new ngks 7es gapped at .28. i have good compression. runs good no problems at all other than that damn cell. now i wanna replace the other 2injector pintle caps but how do i break them off. their 660s. im sorry for such long post

How did you break the caps in the first place? This could have something to do with them not working. Injector pintles are very fragile.

The truth is though that the pintle caps don't matter. They are only to protect the pintle, and if you want to you can just take them all off and run the injectors that way. Just don't drop them when you reinstall them.

As for getting pintle caps off it should be pretty easy usually. Grab yourself something thing but strong such as a razor blade and slide it between the top of the cap and the injector body and pry the cap off. For reinstallation it can be helpful to boil the caps first so that they expand and snap on with less resistance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back