The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Remanufactured ECU question, pics inside.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stiperformance

Probationary Member
Jul 24, 2004
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
I pulled the ECU from my new project TSi and I found out that the ECU is a remanufactured unit. :thumbdown By any chance, would this unit be an EPROM unit? I doubt it. Would this ECU be worthwhile to use?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

No Eprom, sorry. It will be fine to use unless the caps are leaking but they look pretty good from the pic, but then there are alot of shadows also. I say if the car runs fine with it then keep on trucking.

Michael
:talon: :laser:

Thanks for the reply. I have the 3 caps on hand incase I have a problem with them. I'm probably just going to run an AFC or ECU+ for fuel/engine management once I get the car done.

It's a non-eprom ECU for a 6/90-6/92 1G TEL Federal MT Turbo AWD (D27A).
The orange capacitor just above and to the right of the large one is a repair and it looks like the driver IC's for the ISC were replaced in the past.

Steve

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back