The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G rear lower control arm bushing replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2slow4now

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 20, 2008
Hilton head, South_Carolina
Just to clarify what arm I'm talking about on the driver side rear (all lower arms)you have a trailing arm then a front control arm and then the rear control arm. The rear arm with the eccentric bolt and balljoint is what I am talking about.

My question is that it has a replacable ball joint and it seems to be the same as the front end upper control arm ball joint but noone shows this ball joint as an available part.
Are they the same? Just order the ball joint from the front?

The other question is the bushing on the rear control arm looks just like the bushing that is available from oem on the rear front lower control arm.
Are they the same?

I have tried to push the balljoint out with no luck. However, I have done the full Prothane suspension and I ended up just getting all brand new lower control arms. I know you can get the ball joints but like I said, I had no luck with mine.

The arm you are talking about can be ordered, complete with balljoint, dust boot installed, and new bushing for like $40. Save yourself some work and buy the arm. You might as well get a new eccentric bolt for like $15 also since they dont come with one.

Oh yeah if your eccentric bolt is rust welded to the collar, you'll have to cut the old arm out.

OEM Mitsubishi Parts

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 356
Yeah thats what I figured out and I found a local nut and bolt shop that has grade 10 metric bolts for cheap! I got almost all the replacement bolts for the back end suspension for $15! just going to order the arms from oe. Thanks

Just adding to this thread about the part numbers needed.

Heres what I have so far if anyone can verify the numbers are correct.

95, eagle, talon, tsi, fwd, manual tranny, turbo.

front suspension
mr325009 LH knuckle kit including the knuckle, lower control arm, and compression arm
mr325010 RH knuckle kit including the knuckle, lower control arm, and compression arm

rear suspension
mr162571 LH rear control arm
mr162572 RH rear control arm
(the rear arm with the ball joint spoke about earlier)
mb809170 control arm bushing
mb911314 eccentric bolt

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back