The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Prothane Rear Lower Control Arm Bushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zmann42087

15+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2005
Portland, Oregon
I have a question for those of you who have installed the Prothane "total" urethane suspension kit on their 2g. It pertains to the one bushing in the kit that is NOT the simple split design that makes installation so easy. This is bushing C-10042 shown in diagram below that is used for the rear lower control arm and the rear toe arm. The instructions I have pictured suggest that you remove the urethane portion from the steel sleeve prior to pressing into the control arm. Is this correct? The urethane ends are not easily removed at all.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That is correct, due to the step in the steel sleeve. And the whole point of the bushing is to be stiff and tight. You will most likely need a press.

Taking the center bolt bushings out and then removing the poly pieces should alleviate some of the hassle.

I got it taken care of but I did have to use a shop press. No way were they coming apart or going into the LCA by hand.

Do you guys notice a difference as far as the ride? Also how about increased vibrations ? I'm looking to finally do a coil setup and would do the bushing setup with it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back